Effective date: 10th of August 2020
These Terms and Conditions apply to the DistrictUni website which is located on www.districtuni.com (“Site”) and the DistrictUni mobile applications (“App”) available on Apple App Store (IOS) and Google Play Store (Android), collectively referred to as "DistrictUni " or “Platform”. DistrictUni owns and operates this platform from Canada. By registering for or otherwise using any of our Services, or accessing any content or material that we make available through the Services, Sites and the DistrictUni App, you agree to these Terms and Conditions. Throughout the DistrictUni App and Site, the terms “we”, “us”, “Districtuni.com” and “our” refer to DistrictUni. We offer DistrictUni including all information, tools, and services available from the Site and App to you, the user, conditioned upon your acceptance of all terms, conditions, policies, and notices stated here.
By visiting our Site, using the DistrictUni App and/ or using any of our features, you (“Student” or “User”) engage in our “Services” and agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions (“Terms”), including those additional terms and conditions and policies referenced herein and/or available by hyperlink. These Terms and Conditions apply to all users of the site and app including without limitation users who are browsers, students, general users, and/ or contributors of content.
From group chats to BuynSell to getting help in your courses, DistrictUni is an all in one place social network for students helping them to expand their social circle and use other interactive features as well. For more information about the features and services offered by, please refer to our Site or the App.
We reserve the right to add/discontinue any of our services at sole discretion.
You undertake that you're eligible to enter into this Agreement and you are at least our “Minimum Age.”
(1) You must be the “Minimum Age” or older;
(2) You will only have one DistrictUni account, which must be in your real legal name; and
(3) You are not already prohibited by DistrictUni from using the Services.
“Minimum Age” means 16 years old. However, if the law requires that you must be older for DistrictUni to lawfully provide the Services to you (including the collection, storage, and use of your information) then the Minimum Age is such older age. The Services are not for use by anyone under the age of 16.
Only students having a valid university/college email address with a university domain (e.g. email@example.com) can sign up on the DistrictUni.
We grant you a limited license to use DistrictUni for personal non-commercial use only. You may not: (a) resell or make any commercial use of this Site or any of the contents of this DistrictUni; (b) modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or convert any of the contents of this Site not intended to be so read; (c) copy, imitate, mirror, reproduce, distribute, publish, download, display, perform, post or transmit any of the contents of this Site in any form or by any means; or (d) use any data mining, bots, spiders, automated tools or similar data gathering and extraction methods on the contents of the Site or to collect any information from the Site or any other user of the Site.
You agree to use DistrictUni at your own risk. You agree that you will be personally responsible for your use of this Site, the App, and all of your communication and activity. If we determine, in our sole discretion, that you engaged in prohibited activities, were not respectful of other users, or otherwise violated the Terms and Conditions, we may deny you access DistrictUni on a temporary or permanent basis and any decision to do so is final.
If you use DistrictUni and such use requires setting up an account and/or password(s), you are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password(s) and for restricting access to your computer. If you open an account, register, or otherwise provide us with any information, you agree to provide us with current, complete, and accurate information as requested by any forms. DistrictUni is not responsible for any errors or delays in responding to any inquiry or request caused by any incorrect, outdated, or incorrect information provided by you or any technical problems beyond the control of DistrictUni. You acknowledge and agree that any login, identifier, or password issued in connection with this DistrictUni (each a "Password") is confidential information and must be kept secure. You may not disclose such a Password to another person or entity or permit another entity to access the DistrictUni using such a Password. You must notify DistrictUni immediately of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your account. DistrictUni cannot be responsible and disclaims all liability in connection with, the use of any information that you post or display on this DistrictUni.
• All students are required to provide the true, accurate and correct information when signing up for DistrictUni. Students are required to select the University/College/Institute where they are enrolled in at the time of registration.
• Students may post pictures and select the courses they’ve been taking on DistrictUni. Based on their selection, DistrictUni will assign and put the students into a relevant group chat.
• DistrictUni offers a Newsfeed which is a constantly updating list of stories on the App. Newsfeed includes status updates, photos, videos, links, app activity, and likes from students. Other students on the app can comment, post, and interact with the Newsfeed.
• DistrictUni offers a BuyNSell - Student Only Classified Adds features which allows students to buy or sell any item and interact with each other. Please note that students are prohibited from selling any illegal items. Students in violation may be terminated and will have to face legal implications.
• The DistrictUni BuyNSell feature does not offer a payment method to conclude a deal. DistrictUni is not in any way involved in such transactions and neither a party to such a deal. Students are responsible to make the payment outside the platform and agree that DistrictUni shall not be liable for any interactions with any students and/or individuals on DistrictUni.
• If there is a dispute between students, or between users on DistrictUni, you understand and agree that DistrictUni is under no obligation to become involved in such dispute. If you have a dispute with one or more other users, you hereby release DistrictUni, its officers, employees, agents, and successors from any and all claims, demands, and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind or nature, known or unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way related to such disputes and/or our Service.
All students are required to abide by the DistrictUni Community Rules and are ordered to refrain from:
• Sharing any academic answers/content in the group chat.
• Indulging in any academic offense.
• Using abusive language when they communicate with the other DistrictUni Members
• Being discriminative or using racial comments etc.
• Engaging, or encourage others to engage, in any targeted abuse or harassment against any other user. This includes sending any unsolicited sexual content. Reports of stalking, threats, bullying, or intimidation, are taken very seriously.
• Sharing of confidential and personal data with each other but not limited to sharing of bank details, etc.
• Violating any law.
• Any actions or content that advocate for or threaten violence of any sort, including threatening or promoting terrorism. Physical assault, coercion, and any acts of violence are strictly prohibited.
• Using content that advocates for or glorifies suicide or self-harm are also not allowed.
• promoting or advocating for commercial sexual services, human trafficking or other non-consensual sexual acts
• Posting any inappropriate/unlawful/discriminatory comments/posts.
• Impersonating, or otherwise misrepresent affiliation, connection, or association with, any person or entity. This includes parody accounts.
DistrictUni reserves the right to investigate, delete your comments/posts and/or terminate your account at its sole discretion if you have misused the Service or behaved in a way that DistrictUni regards as inappropriate, unlawful, or in violation of these Terms and Conditions, including actions or communications that occur off the Service but involve users you meet through the Service.
DistrictUni is only a connecting platform for Students. DistrictUni is in no way affiliated with any University/College.
Your use of DistrictUni and its contents grants no rights to you concerning any copyright, designs, and trademarks and all other intellectual property and material rights mentioned, displayed, or relating to the Content (defined below) on DistrictUni. All Content, including third party trademarks, designs, and related intellectual property rights mentioned or displayed on DistrictUni, are protected by national intellectual property and other laws. Any unauthorized reproduction, redistribution or other use of the Content is prohibited and may result in civil and criminal penalties. You may use the Content only with our prior written and express authorization. To inquire about obtaining authorization to use the Content, please contact us at _____Districtuni.com
In addition to the intellectual property rights mentioned above, "Content" is defined as any graphics, photographs, including all image rights, sounds, music, video, audio, or text on DistrictUni.
You will not (and will not attempt to):
a. Access any of the Services by any means other than through the interface that is provided by DistrictUni;
b. Gain unauthorized access to DistrictUni’s computer system or engage in any activity that interferes with the performance of, or impairs the functionality or security of DistrictUni, the Services, DistrictUni’s networks, and computer systems;
c. Access any of DistrictUni or the Services through any automated means or with any automated features or devices (including use of scripts or web crawlers);
d. Access or collect any personally identifiable information, including any names, email addresses or other such information for any purpose, including, without limitation,
e. Reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, trade, or resell any aspect of DistrictUni or the Services for any purpose;
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, DISTRICTUNI EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES AND REPRESENTATIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY (A) WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR USE AS TO DISTRICTUNI AND ITS CONTENT, INCLUDING THE INFORMATION, DATA, SOFTWARE, OR PRODUCTS CONTAINED THEREIN, OR THE RESULTS OBTAINED BY THEIR USE OR AS TO THE PERFORMANCE THEREOF, (B) WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS ARISING THROUGH COURSE OF DEALING, AND (C) WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE ACCESS OR USE. DISTRICTUNI AND ALL CONTENTS THEREIN AND COMPONENTS THEREOF ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS AND YOUR USE OF DISTRICTUNI IS AT YOUR OWN RISK.
You agree that in no event shall DistrictUni be liable to you, or any third party, for any lost profits, incidental, consequential, punitive, special, or indirect damages arising out of or in connection with DistrictUni or the Terms and Conditions, even if advised as to the possibility of such damages, regardless of whether the claim for such damages is based in contract, tort, strict liability or otherwise. This limitation on liability includes, but is not limited to, any (i) errors, mistakes, or inaccuracies in any Content or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred by you as a result of your use of or reliance on the Content; (ii) the transmission of any bugs, viruses, Trojan horses or the like which may infect your equipment, failure of mechanical or electronic equipment; (iii) unauthorized access to or use of DistrictUni or DistrictUni' secure servers and/or any personal information and/or financial information stored therein; or (iv) theft, operator errors, strikes or other labor problems or any force majeure.
You agree to indemnify and hold DistrictUni and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, and employees, harmless from and against any suit, action, claim, demand, penalty or loss, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by or resulting from any third party due to or arising out of your use of DistrictUni, breach of the Terms and Conditions or the materials it incorporates by reference, or your violation of any law, regulation, order or other legal mandates, or the rights of a third party.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Ontario and the laws of Canada.
We reserve the right to update and revise these Terms and Conditions at any time. You will know if these Terms and Conditions have been revised since your last visit to the webDistrictUni by referring to the "Effective Date of Current Policy" date at the top of this page. Your use of our DistrictUni constitutes your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions as amended or revised by us from time to time, and you should, therefore, review these Terms and Conditions regularly.
When you visit DistrictUni or send us e-mails, you are communicating with us electronically. In so doing, you consent to receive communications from us electronically. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communication is in writing.
If any of these Terms and Conditions shall be deemed invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that term shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining terms or conditions.
We shall be permitted to assign, transfer, or subcontract our rights and obligations under these terms without your consent or any notice to you. You shall not be permitted to assign, transfer, or subcontract any of your rights and obligations under this agreement.
DistrictUni is not liable for any delays caused by circumstances beyond DistrictUni’s control, e.g. general labor dispute, extreme weather, acts of war, fire, lightning, terrorist attacks, changed governmental orders, technical problems, defects computer, communications or other communication and defects or delays in the service by sub-suppliers due to circumstances set forth above. Such circumstances shall result in relief from damages and other measures. If any such situation should arise, DistrictUni shall inform the Customer accordingly both at the beginning and the end of the period for the current situation. If the situation has lasted for more than two months, both the Customer and DistrictUni are entitled to terminate the purchase with immediate effect.
These Terms and Conditions set forth the entire understanding and agreement between you and DistrictUni concerning the subject matter herein and supersede all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals, whether electronic, oral or written concerning DistrictUni. A printed version of these Terms and Conditions and any notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to these Terms and Conditions to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved. You may not assign the Terms and Conditions, or assign, transfer or sublicense your rights therein. A failure to act concerning a breach by you or others does not waive DistrictUni's right to act concerning subsequent or similar breaches.
For any questions, complaints, and queries or to report any violations, kindly get in touch: